Submissions (use your head):

CLOSED until further notice!
See you at the gym, in the quarry or on the hill.
XXX

Saturday, April 3, 2010

NAILS "Unsilent Death" LP


"Scum Will Rise"

Ever wonder what it would sound like if you mixed TALK IS POISON with DISMEMBER? I'm probably oversimplifying but there is definitely some great Scandinavian death metal guitar work filtered through one of those abrasive and caustic Prank Records type bands. Unsilent Death begins with "Conform" a 30 second blast that would do NASUM proud and is one of 5 tracks that don't break the one minute mark . NAILS combine grind, dirge, d-beat and thrash to near perfection. I love fast as much as Pushead did but its songs like "Depths" and the title track that are standouts for me and are true auditory evidence that NAILS can craft as well as blast. Now what if I told you that Todd Jones, ex-CARRY ON and TERROR member was the main man behind all this? I know, fucking weird right? Well, it matters not to me cause this record fucking peels paint. Highly recommended...

No comments:

Post a Comment